Thursday 4 December 2008

Another tag, another meme, write your life in a 50 word mini saga

So now it's Kurk Gayle who's tagged me on another of David Ker's memes, a 50 word boy meets girl mini saga. Now of course I believe that my life is a major saga not a mini saga but hey here's one for starters. I am (almost) inspired to try a write a second, third and fourth about my parents and grand parents. The mini saga approach to family history. Maybe it would be fun to try and write a mini saga of institutions, the church, the banking industry, the UN, the WHO ... so who can I tag ... Thomas Zweiffler, Ruthann Gill (the potato famine woman!), Olive Alvis and any of the rest of you who fancy having a go.

Love over post-church coffee.
Newspapers. Politics. Theology. Rants.
The Berlin wall.
Separation.
Proposal
Finally vows
And a tent
Barefoot joy in a garden
France Belgium Germany Switzerland
surviving
happy
together
waiting for another conversation about Walter Benjamin
still wondering about the meaning of life
and celebrating the wonder of love.

3 Comments:

David Ker said...

That's beautiful and romantic. Tomorrow's our wedding anniversary and all the romantic mini-sagas are inspiring me to some daring deeds.

Anonymous said...

That is splendid. Many happy memories and futures.

J. K. Gayle said...

I love the way your story begins and ends with love.