Friday 23 October 2009

Women's blog on daily bread

The Lutheran World Federation is preparing for its assembly next year and the theme is Daily Bread. A group of women linked to the LWF have started a blog about women, justice and food which you can find here. They're looking for comments and contributions, so why not get writing.
Tsion Alemayehu from Ethiopia says this about the project on the LWF youth blog

The blog that I am working on is designed to encourage women to post their experience, faith, stories , food justice and a lot more in relation to the Assembly theme of LWF which is “Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread”. You can find the blog following here.
As a young woman, and also a person who comes from a developing country, I know what food really means for hungry people.

2 Comments:

janetlees said...

This year we grew our own potatoes.
I'd like to think of prayers for 'our daily potato'. I've just put some to bake. I'll let you know how I get on with this mini-project-ette.

Jane said...

Simon Oxley wrote a great prayer for the International Year of the Potato in 2008 - it was fun!