Saturday 31 July 2010

Love is an orientation ...


My friend Nyambura Njoroge is currently reading Love is an Orientation by Andrew Marin after meeting Andrew in Vienna recently. Nyambura coordinates the WCC's Ecumenical HIV AIDS Initiative in Africa, alot of the work she does is in theological education. She's been telling me about how Andrew's book has given her much food for thought on the need for so called ecumenicals and so called evangelicals to build bridges and try to follow the call of Christ. I'm looking forward to getting hold of a copy myself, sounds like a good read. Does the Bible really encourage us to see any other human being as lesspeople
Meanwhile I've already been enjyoing reading Andrew's blog and will go back there in time to come. I'm quite intrigued by one his most recent posts which offers various takes on a one sentence Bible. But the one sentence Bible seems to be an ongoing project as Andrew reads the Bible this year.

0 Comments: