Friday 6 June 2008

Support the Euro 08 campaign against trafficing in women

As much of Europe gears up for going football crazy the Euro 08 campaign against the trafficking of women has also stepped up its campaign. The cross border campaign in Switzerland and Austria has received wide support from civil society groups as well as politicians and churches. If you live in Switzerland you can sign the petition which asks for victims of trafficking to be protected and for the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings to be ratified as soon as possible.
And just for the record I'm not sure about the poster - using emblematic parts of women's bodies even to sell this message doesn't quite work for me but maybe I'm just a feminist prude. I supose it's trying to say trafficking shackles women into sexual slavery.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure about the poster either, but the video is impressive.