Sunday 26 October 2008

I love living in France ... but ...


I do love living in France - almost everything about it. Yes I've even got used to the extraordinary bureaucratic way of thinking. However, I will I think never get used to French design and layout. The poster for the Calvin year is a case in point - in terms of graphic art where is it coming from? Hmm ... today is Reformation Sunday so I should mention Geneva's famous reformer Jean Calvin - even if Reformation Sunday is really in memory of Martin Luther.
Next week the Genevan church will launch its Calvin 2009 programme for next year's 500th anniversary of Calvin's birth. I'm pleased to say that the Swiss school of design is very different from the French school and much more to my taste.
And much more about Calvin soon.

0 Comments: