Monday 22 December 2008

Christmas reading on the train

By the time this gets posted we shall be on the train to BErlin and I shall be dipping in and out of this wonderful Virago Book of Christmas. It's an anthology of women's writing about Christmas put together by writer Michelle Lovric. My copy was given to me by a friend some years ago but I didn't read it at the time and have just started perusing it properly this year.
Last night I read a wonderful extract of a letter by Rosa Luxemburg to Sonja Liebknecht full of how she was keeping her spirits up despite being in prison. It reminded me how much I enjoy reading Luxemburg, maybe I'll be able to find more of her letters while in Berlin.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, we are staying in Berlin at a hotel a 1 Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse (the street name dates from GDR times of course)