Friday 24 April 2009

What do I really want to ... - a bucket Friday five from Revgalpals

So as we go along we learn - I had no idea what a bucket list was until today but, according to today's Revgalpals Friday five, apparently it's a "before you kick the bucket" list. Hmm - the last two Friday fives have been easier for me than this one ... I think it will take me a while to get around to getting this one sorted.
I'm not sure I want to "achieve" so much as to "be" - interested, accepted, respected... anyway here goes:
1. I want to go on learning how to be happy being me - probably my biggest challenge. Here I am living in a lovely part of the world, doing work I enjoy, sharing my life with a man I love who is funny, talkative, deeply intelligent and knows how to listen and also loves me. Walking to the bus this morning I was thinking about just this. The gentle joy of satisfaction, being content and learning to celebrate it. If I manage to do this it will be my greatest achievement but I hope I will still be learning it right up until I die.
2. In some small way I hope I will have borne witness and been true, and I hope that will mean I will have spent time outside my comfort zone.
3. I want to write the kind of satisfying book that I myself love to read, but I'm fairly sure I don't have the discipline or really the inspiration. I think I'll just have to content myself with reading more.
4. I hope I will have had good relationships.
5. I hope I will have had fun helping people to have memorable days, making memories, liturgies and meaning.

4 Comments:

Mary Beth said...

Such a lovely list, Jane!!

Joan Calvin said...

A much deeper list than mine! If you haven't seen the movie, The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, do. It is a wonderful movie.

revhipchick said...

a beautiful Friday 5--i especially love #1. you made me smile and appreciate my life as well. thank you!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

That was lovely...and thoughtful. Thank you for playing!