Tuesday 30 June 2009

On not reading ...

This week I don't seem to be reading a book and I notice it. I sometimes joke and say that I need to be reading detective fiction to maintain some modicum of mental stability - it's truer than I like to let on. Of course I still read lots of words for my work as I try to translate thigns but pension fund rules, bye laws and constitutions don't tend to have much of a narrative - even if they are of course important to the story of people's everyday lives!
So meaning at the moment is being gleaned from sitting on the back patio drinking delicious viognier and listening to birdsong and waiting for the first star to some out and the first bats to fly in the twilight. It's not quite as exciting as detective fiction but looking at the moon in the deep blue sky on a hot summer night does have its own charm.

0 Comments: