Tuesday 13 November 2007

More meaning in life - just a dream

This evening I've been preparing catechism class for Saturday - (we call it KT as in caté). We've encouraged the young people to bring examples with them of people they feel have found meaning in life. Of course we've also prepared some material ourselves - we found a French translation of Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech on the Nobel peace prize website.
On Saturday we're going to encourage them to dream dreams themselves, to envisage their own future and the world's. I think my colleague and I should probably also write our dreams - not at all sure what mine will be. Dreaming is actually a radical activity, an act of resistance in many ways, it's not escapist but about finding truly creative ways through very real problems.
So perhaps in the spirit of Joel 2.28 we should all dream dreams and have visions and transform the world.

0 Comments: