Wednesday 31 March 2010

Sarah Coakley and my desire for theology

Later this year the first volume of Sarah Coakley's systematic theology will be published, God, Sexuality and the Self: An Essay 'On the Trinity' it sounds fascinating I am looking forward to buying and reading it. For the past week I have been trying to decide whether or not to be completely crazy and try to attend to the Sarah Coakley and the Future of Systematic Theology symposium taking place in Sidney in July. It's not going to work for me I fear and I'm a bit sad about that because it sounds extraordinarily exciting. Read more on Ben Myers blog here.
Anyway you can hear Coakley's inaugural lecture"Sacrifice Regained: Reconsidering the Rationality of Christian Belief" at Cambridge here.
My crazy idea about going to Sidney was in some ways an expression of my need to nourish the mind, to nourish my theology and to continue to grow theologically. It's so easy to get stale and I get terribly bored by listening to myself saying the same thing again and again.
Anyway I've got plenty of reading matter - including some Sarah Coakley, so instead of desiring a theological experience perhaps I'd better just get on with doing some of the hard graft!

3 Comments:

Mavis said...

Plenty of welcoming households here in Sydney if you can come. Weather could be cold in July - but prob not as cold as you are used to :-) Off to visit Ben and find out more

Jane said...

mavis thank you for reading me so assiduously and for offerring hospitality. Blessings. This my first comment from my mobile

Jane said...

mavis thank you for reading me so assiduously and for offerring hospitality. Blessings. This my first comment from my mobile