Thursday 8 January 2009

What makes God laugh? - People making plans ...

It's the beginning of a new year and I'm planning, trying to find time for holidays, my course in Rome and the writing of my diploma which needs to happen before the end of the year. Booking tickets, trying to remember to fit in visits to my neurologist, go to the hairdresser and so on. With colleagues too we are looking at the year ahead and trying to work out how we will be able to cope with the meetings planned - will there be time to do everything? Can we fit it all in? Life, love and the whole caboodle?
Underlying all of this I am also trying to make a rather major decision - about which more as the year progresses perhâps - unless of course I make no decision. So as I meditate my plans and God's laughter I do rather wonder what the point of all this angst, decision-making and planning might be. But hey if it makes God happy who am I to complain, I dare say not much else I do does.

2 Comments:

David Ker said...

So much good stuff lately I hardly know where to start. Keep it up and stop talking about being too busy to blog in the future.

Jane said...

Thanks DAvid. I will try to go on finding time - I'm off next week to talk to a group of women ministers about blogging - should be fun!