Tuesday 1 December 2009

World Aids Day - liturgy and photos from the Ecumenical Advocacy Alliance

For the 21st international world Aids day colleagues from the Ecumenical Advocacy Alliance organised a lunchtime serivce in the chapel at the Ecumenical Centre, you can see some of the photos. The service was put together by the brilliant Terry Macarthur and you can download versions in various languages. Here's an extract:

People: Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame.
Reader: I lift up Mary from the Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya. She was raped and afterwards unable to find medical care. Many in the camp are living with HIV but she is afraid to take the test. She defends herself, “I have no friends. No one talks to me and the worst thing is that no one, no one wants to hold my baby.”
Leader: Let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.
People: Make me to know your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths.

0 Comments: