Friday 3 July 2009

Suddenly noticing beauty

Waiting for the bus this evening I suddenly noticed how very beautifully formed one of the enormous pine trees was. The branches and greenery looked perfect against the midsummer late evening sky and the way the point tapered upwards just really pleased me aesthetically. I must have tood at the stop hundreds of times and not noticed that tree in that way before. So tonight I drank in its beauty and gave thanks that I had rather longer than usual to wait for the bus.
We want the world to change but often we need to change the way we see things.

1 Comment:

Hansuli John Gerber said...

Thanks Jane - that kind of moment is when heaven is on earth. Objectively speaking, or materially seen, things are the same as every day, but in this moment you have a different vision, one that sees the Kindom...