Tuesday 29 September 2009

Burning up the ozone layer ...

Later this week I shall board a plane to Amsterdam, two days later another to Birmingham, two days later a return flight to Geneva and then a day later another flight to Crete ...
I'm not in the least proud of this, taking the train would be much more fun, much more civilised and I would be less stressed too - and the ozone layer would not be quite so damaged either.
Cheap flights and easy travel damaging a priceless environment. My lifestyle is not a model for this let alone future generations. I feel sad and guilty ... something must change and the wormery in my garden is not really quite enough. What to do?

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Life in the slow lane is what is needed ....

Jane said...

One day - but probably not before we're in our coffins