Friday 25 September 2009

Gentleness of an Indian summer Friday evening

To say that things have been busy at work today would be an understatement, frantic would be a better word. Yet coming home really tired after the bus got caught in traffic, our Friday evening Shabbat champagne did us good as we sat eating and laughing into the ever darkening night on our terrace. It is late September and not even cold, what a blessing and such a gentle start to the weekend.
Meanwhile I am consoling friends who are even more untidy than we are by reading out the opening quote from the splendid "A Perfect Mess" book:
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk?" Albert Einstein
I'm particularly looking forward to reading the chapters on messy leadership and messy thinking. There isn't a chapter on messy church or messy spirituality but I think maybe I should try and write something on that myself!

0 Comments: