Sunday 24 February 2008

Art from Protestantisme et Images

You can see details here of some of the prize winning artwork from the comptetition organised by Protestantisme et Images. The overall theme of the competition was "Je te dévore ou je te parle" based on Genesis 2.4 to 3.24 - "I devour you or I speak to you". You can see the exhibition if you're visiting Paris between March 8-16th as the exhibition is part of the Christian Festival of the Marais at the Bastille Reformed Temple.
The poster is based on Sophie Jaton's witty take on the theme inspired by Eve eating the apple but also by Alice in Wonderland eating and growing. She also took inspiration from theologian Bernard Rordorf's article on Genesis 2-3.
Personally I particularly like Sylvie Potard-Tschiember's "flesh of my flesh" which won second prize.
I'm writing about this now as a reminder to myself to get out a bit more - the original exhibition took place in Geneva and I'm only reading about it now it goes to Paris, typical!

0 Comments: