Monday 6 April 2009

Do you do God?


Last week ended with a friend sending me news that someone with the same name as a local journalist has said he's a Christian. This is part of a campaign being run to counter the National Secular Society's campaign to get yourself de-baptised. There's a similar campaign in France that I've mentioned before.
Meanwhile today an issue of the New Statesman arrived and it's all about God. A N Wilson has written an interesting article rather against the trend charting his return to faith. About 20 years ago Wilson "converted" to become a born again atheist. In the article he charts how his return to faith has been "slow, hesitant and doubting". I think my favourite line in the article is "My doubting temperament made me a very unconvincing atheist."
There's also a question and answer with Wilson.

0 Comments: