Wednesday 21 May 2008

Vers l'inépuisable ... a routed uprooted life

The following comes from Francine Carillo's book "Vers l'Inépuisable". One day I'll get around to translating some of it but I'm not really all that good at poetry. For now I'm just going to stay with my rather splendid typo of "routed uprootedness" I'd not spotted that homophone before. Anyway this is a meditation on John 21.6 "Cast the net to the right side of the boat ..."

La Vie
nous déracine,
elle est
pure mouvance
qui impose
de nouvelles alliances.
On peut alors
se raidir
ou s'ouvrir,
partir
ou consentir,
mourir
ou bénir.
Pourquoi l'un,
pourquoi l'autre?
l'énigme reste
indéchiffrable,
mais la voix
est là
qui persévère
à nous délivrer.
Quleu'un parle
et parlera encore
jusqu'à ce que
gagne l'aurore.
Une tendresse
nous redresse
et sa promesse déborde
nos étroitesses.

copyright (c) Francine Carillo

0 Comments: