Saturday 8 August 2009

Trying to understand along with the angels

Since beginning to study theology I rather deserted the Good News translation of the Bible into English. Last night I was asked to read 1 Peter 1.1-12 in English at evening prayer in Crêt Bérard and they only had the Good News Bible in English (printed in China of course!). I was more than pleasantly surprised at how well it read. I particularly liked verse 12: "These are things which even the angels would like to understand." It made me smile as I read it, a verse which could sum up the whole Bible!
It so happens that I prefer the French equivalent of the Good News Bible La Bible en français courant, for both public reading and private devotions. Perhaps I shall have to go back and rediscover the GNB in English too.

0 Comments: