Tuesday 23 June 2009

Fifteen books you will always remember

My friend and colleague Emma Halgren has tagged me on Facebook to list 15 books you've read that will always stick with you. Don't take any longer than 15 minutes.
So here's the list I sent her - 11 women and 3 men - yes Vikram Seth gets in there twice (but then I suppose I should count Le Guin 5 times for a quintet)

Fugitve Pieces
Anne Michaels

The Poisonwood Bible
Barbara Kingsolver

The Earthsea (Quintet)
Ursula Le Guin

Testament of Youth
Vera Brittain

The golden Notebook
Doris Lessing

Schloss Gripsholm
Kurt Tucholsky

In the springtime of the year
Susan Hill

A suitable boy
Vikram Seth

An Equal music
Vikram Seth

Is this is a man
Primo Levi

the Handmaids Tale
Margaret Atwood

Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen

Beloved
Toni Morrison

Living by the Word
Alice Walker

What I loved
Siri Hustvedt

0 Comments: