Saturday 13 June 2009

Reading, partying and working ...

It's been a busy week following my return from Rome and today we are catching up with ourselves in glorious sunshine on the hotest day of the year so far. We are gradually restoring the house to what we would call normality - but which I would hesitate to call order. On Thursday we hosted a leaving party for our friend Sidney who left Geneva this morning and will begin work in Zimbabwe next week. Hope both he and those he'll be working with will be safe.
Meanwhile work has been busy with preparations for next month's Conference of European Churches assembly in Lyon and with translation work coming in for two other big meetings later in the summer.
Fortunately in the midst of all this I do have a good book to read and keep me sane. I was just about to write that without a book to read I often feel as if I'm losing the plot ...

0 Comments: