Saturday 21 March 2009

Piecing together the rainbow for World Water Day

Here is the rainbow we pieced together as part of our work on water at KT today. It was fun - for me at least and I think we were all quite surprised at how good the result was - all that chopping up old magazines to get the colours of the rainbow seemed to work well. More about it here - in French of course.
One of the young people brought a print out of the European Parliament resolution in view of the World Water Forum which draws to a close in Istanbul tomorrow and I was surprised at how relatively well-informed many of them were about water issues.
We used water to help us pray and concentrate and also to help us remember a surprising number of Bible texts. We remembered and read parts of the story of the rainbow covenant - getting a little bit fixated on why Noah was 600 years old. We also began by praying Psalm 23
together:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters;

One thing I discovered is there doesn't seem to be a mnemonic to remember the order of the colours in French and of course Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain doesn't quite work, I'll have to think of something.

0 Comments: